1) What is zero-based indexing? What are its implications for user-friendly interfaces?
2) What advantages do arrays have over linked lists?
3) What advantages do linked lists have over arrays?
4) How can these two lines of code be compressed into one statement without loss of function?
File f = new File(“input1.txt”);
Scanner in = new Scanner(f);
5) What is a “checked” exception in Java? Give two examples.
6) If a scanner object is pointing to a file, and has already been used to scan its contents, how can it be “reset” to start from the beginning again?
7) We have the statement: double num = new double;
What does it mean that “num” is a reference to an array, and not an array itself?
8) What significance does the above factor have when arrays are passed into a method as a parameter?
9) What advantage does a regular FOR loop have over a FOR-EACH loop?
10) What is one advantage of the FOR-EACH loop over the regular FOR loop?
11) Why is it that the contents of arrays cannot be compared with a simple == operator? Why does the operation fail to perform as expected? What can be used instead?
12) What do we mean when we say a class in Java provides “abstractions” of various structural concepts?
13) What is one way in which Java Array Lists are more flexible than traditional arrays?
14) What, specifically, will the list array method get(index) return?
15) What is an “iterator” of a linked list?
16) Under what circumstances is a linked-list-based structure more efficient than one built over an Array List?
17) What is the difference between iterator methods next() and remove()?
18) What is one data property that is maintained by SetTrees
19) What specifically happens if we create two sets in Java and then say: set2 = set1?
20)How is the set operation INTERSECTION performed on a Java set?
DescriptionIn this final assignment, the students will demonstrate their ability to apply two ma
Path finding involves finding a path from A to B. Typically we want the path to have certain properties,such as being the shortest or to avoid going t
Develop a program to emulate a purchase transaction at a retail store. Thisprogram will have two classes, a LineItem class and a Transaction class. Th
1 Project 1 Introduction - the SeaPort Project series For this set of projects for the course, we wish to simulate some of the aspects of a number of
1 Project 2 Introduction - the SeaPort Project series For this set of projects for the course, we wish to simulate some of the aspects of a number of