Apply the knowledge acquired in the Data Optimization class and through the
use of Solver help the management team of Maple Inc. reaches a conclusion.
1. Read the case, “Designing Optimal Capacity Planning Strategies”
2. Calculate the optimum production schedule for the five years
demand with the Guadalajara plant.
3. Calculate the optimum production schedule for the five years
demand without the Guadalajara plant.
4. Calculate the yearly cost savings of opening the Guadalajara plant
5. Prepare a proposal for the management team of Maple on what to
○ Should they open the Guadalajara plant? Why yes or why
○ Should they shut down the operations of any plant?
○ Be sure to provide management implications of your
recommendations including HR, Marketing, PR Production,
1 of 2: Submit your Excel file with your work in solver and any relevant
calculations (building this should take you between 90 to 120 minutes).
2 of 2: Submit a maximum one Word page (~500 words, excluding exhibits)
with your write-up including the answers above. (Do not structure as Q&A,
prepare a business report addressed to Richard Rubrics).
DescriptionIn this final assignment, the students will demonstrate their ability to apply two ma
Path finding involves finding a path from A to B. Typically we want the path to have certain properties,such as being the shortest or to avoid going t
Develop a program to emulate a purchase transaction at a retail store. Thisprogram will have two classes, a LineItem class and a Transaction class. Th
1 Project 1 Introduction - the SeaPort Project series For this set of projects for the course, we wish to simulate some of the aspects of a number of
1 Project 2 Introduction - the SeaPort Project series For this set of projects for the course, we wish to simulate some of the aspects of a number of