Due to the fast-growing world and rapid change in the IT sector, web designers have a high demand. Interested in knowing about web designer salary? This is what I am going to discuss in this blog, but before that, let me give you a glimpse of what exactly web designing is.
Web designing is utilized to plan and create websites and is an essential part of today’s IT sector. Generally speaking, web design is all about dealing with website development. From a career viewpoint, web design is a great option for beginning a career in the IT industry.
In this blog, we are going to look at the web designer salary. Moreover, I will also discuss the job responsibilities of a web designer.
What Does A Web Designer Do?
A web designer can plan and create the design and layout of a website or web pages. A web designer can work on a brand new website or update an already existing website. This role is different from web developers. However, there can be a crossover between the two roles.
Job Responsibilities of A Web Designer
A Web Designer job usually involves some of these tasks and responsibilities:
- Designing engaging and responsive landing pages
- Optimizing websites for the highest speed and scalability
- Integrating customer content management system (CMS) programs and data feeds into websites.
- Conducting website testing
- Using design best practice by the site build process
- Making sure the website function across devices, i.e., desktop, mobile, tablet
- Liaising with back-end developers to secure web and app logic is correctly integrated.
- Working with research and marketing teams important market research findings into the website
- Implementing internal support and external customer service during website build and launch process
Web Designing Qualifications And Requirements
Certificates, diplomas, and degrees are preferred in a Web Designer job description. It is common for web design applicants to be educated or have completed training to acquire essential skills and experience specialized applications. If a prescribed qualification is asked, the important areas of study are:
- Web Design
- Information Technology
- Digital Media
- Graphic Design
- Science or Computer Science
It is, however, essential to cultivate the software and programs that applicants have to be skilled in. Some of them I have listed below. Asking for a minimum of 3 years of experience is also necessary.
- API web integration
- Adobe Suite – Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator,
- Expertise in User Experience and User Interface
Web Designing Job Roles And Their Average Salary
Web designers are needed for different jobs. Some of the job profiles that web designers can take up after achieving the demanded skills and qualifications are as follows.
|Senior Web designer||$71,756/yr|
|Design and Layout Analyst||$69,271/yr|
|Senior Web Analyst||$81,457/yr|
|Web Marketing Analyst||$64,238/yr|
How Does Web Designer Salary Change With Experience?
The web designer salary usually depends on the experience of the designer. Usually, there are three levels of web designers:
Web Designer Salary By Experience Level
Entry-level web designers:
They understand how to design websites for present users but might not yet understand high-level design and development methods. When working for a company, they are likely to be under close surveillance until they get some experience. These web designers are those having less than 1-year of experience. The average salary of a mid-level web designer can expect $43,651/yr.
Mid-level web designers:
These web designers are those who are having three and ten years of experience. Mid-level Web designers can individually handle projects and may also be responsible for instruction and supervising their entry-level peers. The average salary of a mid-level web designer usually gets $57k/yr.
Senior web designers
These web designers hold the highest levels of experience. This is the highest level of experience a web designer can achieve. Senior designers have vast experience in web design and are the go-to designer to manage high-profile, influential, or super-urgent jobs that require extra care. The average salary of a mid-level web designer can expect $66,085/yr.
Why Should One Go For Web Designing?
The demand for web designers is increasing day by day, and the reason is obvious because of following factors:
- High Demand: This job is highly in demand. Right from start-ups to multinational companies, all are looking for the best web designers.
- Flexibility: This profession has a remarkable advantage of being flexible. One can choose to work on the client side or the database side as well.
- Knowledge: From the knowledge point of view, a web designer has an edge over others. This is because of greater knowledge about many new technologies and better career growth than others.
- Great salary: Let’s be honest. This is the most attractive aspect of them all. Web designers are offered a handsome pay that’s enough to attract eyeballs.
The demand for web designers is increasing day by day. These web designers are needed in almost every field. In short, web designers are required almost everywhere. If you are looking forward to getting involved in designing, then above, we have given all the necessary information to help you know the roles of web designers and the career scopes.
If you need more help regarding web design assignment projects, then you can take our experts’ help. We have years of knowledgeable programmers who are well versed in the syntax of every programming.
Frequently Asked Questions
What skills do I need to become a web designer?
What is the future scope of web designing?
Due to the fast-growing world and rapid change in the IT sector, companies are moving towards web designing and development, aiming for higher profitability. The demand for web designing experts is high, especially for the ones having certification from reputed institutions.
What is the web designing salary?
Entry-level Web Designer can earn around $43,651 per annum. When he goes to mid level, the average Web Designer salary becomes around $57k per annum. Senior Web Designer earns around $66,080 per annum.