HTML stands for Hypertext Markup Language, which is the broadly used programming language for website development or web application. HTML5 is the most advanced version of HTML programming that enables safer management of the website contents or the web application.
On the other hand, HTML doesn’t allow support for Audio or Video and data in the programming language, HTML5 allows every data kind to be included in the program. When it comes to the browser, applications that are developed with HTML can support in all major browsers and HTML5 accessed in only a few browsers because it does not contain all the elements and tags from traditional HTML code.
To clear out the HTML and HTML5 confusion, just take a look at this article for HTML vs HTML5 differences in detail.
What is HTML5?
What is HTML?
The full form of HTML is HyperText Markup Language. It is used to create web pages with the help of the markup language. HTML is the combination of Markup language and Hypertext. Between web pages, hypertext defines a link. Hypertext represents a link in the web pages.
A markup language is used to represent the text document in the tag which describes the web pages structure. This language is used to explain text so that a machine can recognize it and manage text accordingly. Most of the markup languages are easily understood by humans. Tags are used by this language to determine what manipulation has to be done in the text. It is used for presenting and structuring the content and web pages.
HTML vs HTML5 difference:
Below are the most significant difference between HTML5 and HTML
- HTML does not support audio and video whereas HTML5, video, and audio are supported into it.
- HTML is supported with almost any browsers whereas HTML5 supports modern browsers such as Chrome and Firefox, etc.
- Vector graphics are supported in HTML with the help of different tools such as Flash, Silver light, etc. On the other hand in HTML5 vector graphics are supported by default it has SVG and canvas inbuilt.
- Applet tag was removed in HTML5 which is used for displaying object tag and applets whereas, in HTML the applet tag is used.
- Also, In HTML <a> tag was utilized as an anchor and for connecting to link on the other hand in HTML5 <a> tag is used as a hyperlink.
- For displaying abbreviation in HTML, <acronym> tag is used whereas in HTML5 <abbr> tag is used in place of<acronym>tag which will be used for the same purpose.
- HTML is unable to manage incorrect syntax and different other errors whereas HTML5 can handle those errors.
- In HTML5, <table> tag have only one attribute border and value should be zero or one on the other hand in HTML we can have several attributes.
- Likewise, in HTML, client and server communication will happen by using long pooling and streaming as it does not have support for sockets but HTML5 has support for web socket by which full-duplex client and server communication is possible.
Comparison between HTML vs HTML5:
HTML5 was released with the main purpose of developing the World Wide Web experience for the end-users and developers. Below we have briefly discussed the main difference between HTML vs HTML5:
|What is it?||HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is a primary language for web pages development.||HTML5 is the newest revision of HTML including much better support for media like audio and video tags. It also describes parsing rules (including “error handling”) in detail for this syntax which are mostly fit with recommended implementations.|
|Media support||Further, It doesn’t give any support for audio and video for any language.||HTML5 gives support for both audio and video with the use of <video> and <audio> tags. |
|Compatibility with Browser ||HTML supports most of the browsers as it is existing for a long time and browsers did sufficient modification so that all features can support HTML. ||In HTML5, so many new tags were introduced, so only a few browsers support HTML5 as of now.|
|Communication ||In HTML, Communication between server and client was done by long pooling and streaming as it does not support socket.||In HTML5, it does support web sockets that allow full-duplex communication between server and client.|
|Graphics Support ||In HTML, support of Vector Graphics can be possible with the help tools such as VML, Silverlight, and Adobe Flash, etc. ||Vector Graphics are supported by default in HTML5 as it has SVG and canvas inbuilt. |
|Error Handling ||HTML cannot manage incorrect syntax and any different errors.||HTML5 can handle incorrect syntax and different errors.|
Conclusion – HTML vs HTML5
Finally, its a summary of the difference between HTML vs HTML5. I hope this post will help you with a better understanding of HTML5 and HTML differences. HTML5 is different from HTML, as it will be helpful for web developers because it gives so many capabilities such as audio and video support, elements and new tags.
As a result, W3C also declared that HTML5 future updates will focus on privacy tools. Still, if you find any difficulty regarding programming assignment then you can contact our experts as they have enough knowledge of programming syntax by which they can solve your programming queries. They are available round the clock to help you with your queries.
Therefore, if you need any programming assignment help related to HTML assignment help or any other computer science homework help and computer science assignment help. Our experts are available to help you.