However, the comparison between both programming languages has always been popular in the web developer community.
Before we move to its comparison, it is crucial to understand its basic knowledge.
So, let’s Begin!
- It is used to create interactive mobile applications and web pages.
- Versatile in nature means it can run on both client-side and server-side.
- It provides a strong testing workflow.
- It is a cross-platform scripting language.
What is Python?
Guido Van Rossum developed it in the year of 1991. Python is an open-source scripting language. However, Python is an object-oriented and general-purpose programming language and it is also used in web development. This programming language is widely used in different sectors like data science, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, and Web Development.
If we talk about Python in the web development sector, then the main question here is whether Python is used on the Client-side or Server side. The answer is, Mostly, it can be used as a Backend, but you can use Python as Frontend also with the help of some additional tools.
- Easy to learn the language, you can easily maintain your code in Python.
- Python supports an automatic Garbage collection feature.
- It offers an interesting mode of testing and debugging.
- Python provides you with a fast compilation time.
- Fast prototyping in Python. Python takes less time to build projects, so quick development makes Python better for startups.
Now, as we clearly understand both languages. So, now we can dig deeper into their differences.
Both the programming languages are different from each other in many ways, but the most common is in their Syntax is
- Code Blocks
How Python define its Code Block
Python uses indentation to mark a block of code. For example:
if pwd == ‘apple’:
print(‘sign in …’)
The statement print(‘sign in …’) and print(‘Incorrect password.’) are two separate code blocks.
As per the Stack Overflow Developer Survey held in 2021.
In software development, developers and clients are concerned about Performance, and why not talk about that. Performance plays a vital role in any industry, whether you work in a restaurant or as a full-stack developer. When we talk about Performance, we are mostly talking about speed.
Both languages perform well when we talk about versatility. When we talk about versatility, we considered points like:
AI, Machine Learning.
Top paying technology as per the Stack Overflow Survey (2021).
This graph shows the regional wise data, i.e. (Worldwide) and Data of the past five years.
In Python, we can easily do backend coding with the help of a framework like Django. Django is the most popular Python framework for backend coding. Python is not the best option for web development, but you can make it work if you don’t have any other option.
- Python is used to build business apps, data science apps, web apps, and GUIs.
- Python is more useful today than ever because Python combines AI features with web development.
- As per the growth of the world. It’s more getting towards Artificial Intelligence.
- Python is now overtaking many languages because of the demand for AI in the IT sector.
Also Read: C# vs Python
Well, it is really difficult to work with the wrong language. So, in my opinion, first, identify your need and then start work on your project.
Thanks for your precious time. I hope you like it!