Table of Contents
What is the Java programming language?
Java is a computer programming language utilized for general purposes and is object-oriented, concurrent, and class-based. By James Gosling, it was invented in 1995 and developed by Sun Microsystems. It took more than 10 days to develop it.
A number of Sun Microsystems engineers worked together and created Java. The language is made so that developers can run it on all platforms that support Java without requiring to be recompiled.
Some features of Java
Some of the essential Java features are:
- Java is highly Robust and Very Secure
- Java is easy to understand. It has no complication in its features like an inheritance, pointer, operator overloading, etc.
- It is created for developing object-oriented applications.
- However, it describes an instance of a class like encapsulation, abstraction inheritance, polymorphism.
- It writes code only once and runs it on almost every computer platform
- Java is a multithreaded language with automated memory management.
- Object-based scripted language
- Handling dates and time
- Else and if statement
- Generating HTML content
- Lightweight and delicate
- Detecting the user’s browser and OS
- It is case sensitive
- Ability to create functions in the script
- Statement looping
Significant Differences on Java vs Java-Script:
|OOPS||This language is an object-oriented programming language that utilizes objects to complete any operations based on the connection between objects.||It is an object-oriented scripting language that utilizes objects related to Java.|
Java utilizes for the creation of website front end parts and it is known as the scripting language. On the other hand, Java is utilized for the server-side part, standalone applications, or making operating systems(Android).