Nowadays, it is very common for students to complete their assignments using Microsoft Word. Thus, they look up how to make an assignment on MS Word. Because of the numerous options provided by MS Word, it might be difficult for a beginner to handle. All you have to do is become familiar with MS Word’s options before moving on to the assignment.
Here in this blog, we will explain 14 best steps you need to follow in order to know how to make an assignment on MS word.
How to make an assignment on MS word
Yes, we understand that completing an assignment is challenging for most students. Because some of them are worried about completing the task like write my paper, and even if they aren’t worried, they don’t know how to use Microsoft Word effectively, which can be disastrous for many. Similarly, we are publishing this blog to teach you how to make an assignment in Microsoft Word.
|If you need help with your MS Office Homework, please do not hesitate to contact our MS Office homework help experts.|
Yes, we understand that completing an assignment is challenging for most students. Because some of them are worried about completing the task, and even if they aren’t worried, they don’t know how to use Microsoft Word effectively, which can be disastrous for many. This blog is being published to teach you how to make an assignment in Microsoft Word.
1. Setting the layout of the page for your assignment
On the Toolbar, select the Page Layout tab. Likewise, Page Setup options will appear.
2. Set Margins
Set the margins as follows (Standard measure for the margin):
- Top: 2.5cm
- Bottom: 2.5cm
- Left: 2.5cm (or 3.2cm)
- Right: 2.5cm (or 3.2cm)
3. Setting Orientation of the page
- Orientation: Portrait
4. Setting Size
- Set to A4 unless otherwise specified.
5. Setting styles
Go Back to the Home tab, You will find the Styles options in the right of the toolbar you will need to use these steps to set the headings and paragraph text for your work.
6. For Headings
Always use the first three headings (Heading 1,2 and 3)
- H1: Arial 14 pt bold
- H2: Arial 12 pt bold, italics
- H3: Arial 10.5-11 pt bold
And the text type should be Normal text
- Times New Roman 12 pt (or equivalent)
7. To set the headings styles for your work, you will have to
- Click the small Styles icon/button.
- Select/highlight the style to modify (e.g. ‘H1’), and then right-click >Modify. Likewise, the Modify Style dialog box will appear.
- Under Formatting, You can change the font style and size as per your need.
- Click OK.
8. Setting up your assignment as the one document
Also, your Work, including the title page and references ( not the Assignment Attachment form*), must be aggregated as a single word (.docx) report.
Therefore, it is simpler to make one record, embed your significant headings, and enter the content from that point. But, if you decide to make separate documents while setting up your task (for example, a different record for references), you will need to copy and paste the final contents into the one-word document and finalize the formatting there.
*The assignment attachment structure is either submitted electronically as a different document or attached to a submitted printed copy.
If you face any issues related to PowerPoint or find it difficult to complete your PowerPoint homework, use our PowerPoint PPT Homework Help by Experts.
9. Inserting section breaks, page breaks, and page numbers
The document has two sections
Section 1 Contains
- The title page
- Table of contents
Section 2 Contains
- The remainder of the assignment.
There are then page breaks within each section i.e
(e.g. between ‘Abstract’ and ‘Table of contents’; ‘Conclusion’ and ‘References’).
To insert the Section break (i.e. make two sections)
- Position your cursor at the end of the Table of contents. (Just have this as a heading; the actual table will be added at the end.)
- From the toolbar at the top of your document, open the Page Layout tab and select Breaks>Section Breaks>Next Page. Under Section break types, select ‘Next page’. This has now divided the assignment into two sections.
Now to insert the page breaks
- Place your cursor at the foot of the title (cover) page.
- Select the Page Layout tab>Breaks>Page Breaks>Page. This has now created a page break between the title page and Abstract.
- Place the cursor at the foot of the Abstract page and repeat to make the break between the Abstract and Table of contents.
- Place a page break between the Conclusion in the next section.
10. Now to add the page numbers
For section 1:
- Place your cursor within the title page. Click on the Insert tab and then select Page Number in the Header & Footer set of options.
- Select Top of Page>Plain Number 3 (‘right’ alignment). Do not close the Header and Footer just yet.
- Check the box for Different First Page. (This will remove the page number from the title page.)
- In the Header & Footer group of options to the left of the toolbar, select Page Number>Format Page Numbers. Select i, ii, iii .. from the Number format
- Drop-down list. Under Page numbering, click the Start at the radio button (if not already activated) and select i. Click OK.
- Close the Header and Footer. [This will paginate slightly differently from the example, with Abstract on page ii. ]
For section 2:
- Go to the start of section 2 (i.e. beginning at the ‘Introduction’) and double click on the existing page number. This will open the Header settings options.
- In the Header & Footer options section on the toolbar, select Page Number>Format Page Numbers.
- Make sure the ‘Show number on the first page is selected (i.e. the box is ticked).
- Select 1, 2, 3 from the Number format drop-down list. Under Page numbering, Click on the Start at the radio button and set the start on page 1.
- Click OK
11. Inserting the Table of contents
- Move the cursor under the ‘Table of contents’ heading.
- Check the checkboxes for ‘Show page numbers’ and ‘Right align page numbers’.In the (last) Show levels box, set it to either just ‘1’ (i.e. list only the heading 1 level headings) or ‘2’ (to show both H1, and H2 headings).
- Click OK.
- To update the table anytime, right-click on the table and it’s almost done.
12. The title page
Follow these steps as the model for your work:
- Assignment title: Arial 28 pt, italics, centered
- (Assignment number): Arial 18 pt, italics, centered
- Other details: Times New Roman 14 pt, left-justified; single tab spacing for items on the one line.
13. Word count
Show the word count properly for the body of your assignment, because it’s’ important.
- Place your cursor on the Introduction title, hold the Shift key down, and got to the end of the Conclusion.
- And then Tools>Word Count and record the number of words.
14. Spelling and Grammar Check
Always keep an eye on spelling and sentence structure and Before you get a printed copy of your task,
What you have to do is
- Run the word spell and sentence structure, and carefully look at your Work. (Tools>Spelling and Grammar.)
- Ensure the Dictionary Language is set to English (Australia, UK, Canada).
Get the Best Excel Assignment Help Now
6 Tips On How To Make an Assignment First Page Best
8 Best Steps On How to Write An Assignment Report
4 Tips on How to Write an Assignment Introduction
6 Tips on How to Make An Assignment For High School
To this end, now you know the 14 best steps on how to make an assignment on MS Word in detail. Many times students are worried about their assignments but we are here to assist you with all your problems. You can contact our experts anytime if you have an issue with MS Office assignment help.
As a result, Our computer science assignment help experts are available for you to provide help 24/7.